Sunday, September 25, 2011

Remodeling...




And let the fun begin.....sigh...hehe

So we have a couple of projects going on right now. We are refinishing the kitchen floor...put the last coat of varnish on tonight..did one right after church this morning and one last night. Each time you put varnish on you have to sand in between..and then of course the big sanding job with the floor sander was done yesterday afternoon. Oh my...it looks brand spanking new and absolutely gorgeous!!! I will take pictures of it tomorrow. We have to wait 3 days before we can move anything back on though so a few more days of take out coming our way most likely.
I want to repaint the walls and the trim before the end of the month and finish off with a good deep cleaning and throwing out the old etc. I see maybe some new kitchen dishes, and utensils etc while I throw out since it has been ummm 28 years since we have had kitchen supplies. we definately need to get some new rugs which I am going to go look for tomorrow when I take the sander back to Logan.

next project is Kassi's bedroom.. we refinished the walls, patched up all the holes and went with a color scheme that matches her bedroom set. There is bright orange, which we painted one wall, bright green, which we painted the opposite wall and then blue which we will paint the trim..and white white...which we painted the other two walls, doors and ceiling. We have all the walls and ceiling done and I will do the trim tomorrow. I then want to put big colored circles on the white walls that match the decor of the bedroom set... they have stripes and circles on white of the colors.. It is turning out so freaking cute!!! I love it and so does she and oh it feels good to have fixed walls without holes in them..She has sworn to her dad not to put any more holes in the walls.

Josh's room has the color scheme picked out but not quite ready to start it.. he is a lot more daring with purple red and silver...ummmm we shall see how that goes!

I also redid Kassi's hair today and finished up a layout. so pretty good day!

No comments: